Join us at the Trauma and Injury Prevention Expo from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on September 30, 2017 to hear from physicians, clinicians, first responders and other partner agencies about how to prevent injuries and how the public can best respond to potential dangers lurking in our homes, backyards and communities.
This free preparedness expo will feature interactive exhibits such as CPR demonstrations, Jaws of Life extractions and grease fire presentations. Take tours of air and ground ambulances, get a checkup for your favorite stuffed animal at our Teddy Bear Clinic, hang at our bicycle rodeo, clean out your cabinets at "drug take-back" booth and much, much more!
New features this year includes various food trucks offering refreshments for sale and a Kid Zone! Attendees will be registered for high-quality door prizes, including vehicle emergency kits, flashlight sets and other useful items.
An expert panel of speakers will also dive deep into "Dangers in Your Home and Backyard."
- Bees — Mr. Luis Slayton
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: The Silent Killer — Mr. Jerry Bonham
- Dry Drowning: What It Is and How to Recognize It — Dr. Angel Lamas
- Head Injuries and Falls — Dr. Jaime Gasco
To register for this free event, RSVP using the link below.
Is your organization interested in participating? Contact Delia Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 956-388-2020.
A full list of participating organizations will be published in mid-August. Take a look at our 2016 participating organizations and invited 2017 organizations to make plans.
- Air Evac Lifeteam - Helicopter Viewing
- American Heart Association - CVD Awareness/Prevention
- American Red Cross - Preparing for, Responding to and Recovering from a Disaster
- Area Agency on Aging - Services Available to Seniors
- CBRAC - Coastal Bend Regional Advisory Council - Ambu-Bus
- City of McAllen Emergency Management - Emergency Preparedness
- Edinburg Fire Department - Grease Fire Demonstrations and Fire Prevention
- Hidalgo County Health & Human Services - Zika, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases
- HIdalgo County Sheriff's Office - Tactical Medicine; B-CON/Unit Operations
- Interactive Medical Inflatables - Brain Exhibit
- McAllen Fire Department - Fire Safety Presentations; Jaws of Life Demonstration
- McAllen Police Department with CentRx Pharmacy - Drug Take Back Event
- Med Care EMS - Assaults
- NOAA -National Weather Service - Hazardous Weather
- Prominence Health Plan
- South Texas Poison Center - Poison Prevention
- RED Program - Impaired Driving
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) - Volunteer Opportunities
- RGV CPR - Hands on CPR training
- Run, Ride & Share Program - Safety Awareness for cyclists, runners, walkers and drivers
- South Texas Health System and McAllen Medical Center - Tours, Hospital Information, Etc.
- STHS HR Department - Recruitment
- STHS Stroke Program - Stroke Awareness, signs and symptoms
- TOSA-Donate Life Texas - Organ/Eye/Tissue Donation
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - Domestic Violence, How to Report Abuse
- TxDOT - Child Passenger Safety, Simulator for Motor Vehicle Crashes, Photo Booth
- Texas Department of Public Safety - Division of Emergency Management - Emergency Preparedness Tips
- United Blood Services - Blood Drive
- Valley Association of Independent Living - Emergency Preparedness Services for the physically impaired
- Valley Care Clinics - Mobile Clinic