Recognition for South Texas Health System McAllen
South Texas Health System McAllen's recent awards and continued accreditations are listed below.
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Emergency and Trauma Care Advanced Level II Designated Trauma Services
- Certified Total Hip and Knee Replacement Program
- Premier Infant Hearing Screening Center
- CAP Certified for Lab
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and Level II Primary Stroke Facility Designation
Spring 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
STHS McAllen was awarded an "A" from The Leapfrog Group's Spring 2019 Hospital Safety Grades. The designation recognizes the hospital's efforts in protecting patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the United States.
2017 Healthgrades Awards
STHS McAllen was recognized for excellence in quality in several categories by the 2017 Healthgrades Awards:
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery — 2015-2017
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery — 2015-2017
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures — 2015-2017