Recognition for South Texas Health System McAllen
South Texas Health System McAllen's recent awards and continued accreditations are listed below.
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Emergency and Trauma Care Advanced Level II Designated Trauma Services
- Premier Infant Hearing Screening Center
- CAP Certified for Lab
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and Level II Primary Stroke Facility Designation
Fall 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
South Texas Health System McAllen was awarded an ‘A' in the Fall 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing the hospital’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safe healthcare.
2017 Healthgrades Awards
STHS McAllen was recognized for excellence in quality in several categories by the 2017 Healthgrades Awards:
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery — 2015-2017
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery — 2015-2017
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures — 2015-2017