Recognition for McAllen Medical Center
McAllen Medical Center's recent awards and continued accreditations are listed below.
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Emergency and Trauma Care Advanced Level II Designated Trauma Services
- Certified Total Hip and Knee Replacement Program
- Premier Infant Hearing Screening Center
- CAP Certified for Lab
- Level II Primary Stroke Facility Designation
Spring 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
McAllen Medical Center was awarded an "A" from The Leapfrog Group's Spring 2019 Hospital Safety Grades. The designation recognizes the hospital's efforts in protecting patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the United States.
2017 Healthgrades Awards
McAllen Medical Center was recognized for excellence in quality in several categories by the 2017 Healthgrades Awards:
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery — 2015-2017
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery — 2015-2017
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures — 2015-2017