Quality Medical Care for the Entire Family
The McAllen Family Medicine Residency Clinic — a joint venture between South Texas Health System (STHS) McAllen and the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine — provides quality medical care for the entire family. Some of the specialties available at the clinic are obstetrics, pediatrics and geriatrics.
If a clinic patient is admitted to STHS McAllen, the residents monitor the patient while he or she is hospitalized, and follow up after discharge. That makes for a smoother transition of care because the same team of doctors stays with the patient. Many primary care clinics do not check on patients in the hospital.
Athletic Physicals for $10
Middle school and high school students are welcome to come in for their athletic physicals for just $10, now through August 31, 2020. No appointment necessary. Bring your school-required athletic forms. Pre-register by calling 956‑388‑2190.
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – noon
The McAllen Family Medicine Residency Clinic is proud to add the following new patient-centered improvements:
- Reduced wait times and improved continuum of care between clinic and hospital.
- Clinical summaries will be given to patients at the end of each appointment. This document provides an outline of the visit, as well as any follow-up thatis recommended by the physician.
- Instant results will be available for certain lab tests, including INR/Protime, CBC and urinalysis.
Meet the Residents
Meet the first, second and third year residents of the McAllen Family Medicine Residency Clinic.
Quality Healthcare, When You Need It
Three experienced healthcare partners are working together in McAllen to bring you:
- Wellness care
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Geriatric care
- Sports medicine
Quality Care Personalized for You and Your Family
Under the supervision of faculty from University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and under the leadership of STHS McAllen, the family medicine residency clinic meets the stringent quality guidelines of The Joint Commission.
McAllen Family Medicine Residency Clinic provides:
- Personalized attention
- More time with your doctor
- Access to inpatient care at STHS McAllen
- Physicians trained to care for every member of the family
- A higher level of care that meets strict quality standards
McAllen Family Medicine Residency Clinic
205 E. Toronto Avenue
McAllen, TX 78503
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- New patients welcome
- Walk-in appointments are available
- Most insurance plans accepted